10 Month(s)- Fixed Term Contract, covering Maternity Leave
Branded3 is the go to agency for Search expertise and results, winners of the 2016 Best Large SEO Agency at the European Search Awards, we deliver industry leading campaigns for clients including First Direct, Travelex and Ladbrokes.
Summary of Role
To provide inspirational leadership, drive and strategic vision for your team. To manage your accounts through strong interpersonal skills, planning and organisational abilities, critical thinking and innovation.
You will be instrumental in creating and maintaining a culture of thinking, challenging and innovation, both on your accounts and within the agency as a whole. You should be professional, challenging, inspirational, supportive and motivational to your team, the agency, and your clients in accordance with the company’s values.
Role and Responsibilities
Branded3 aims to help and support our clients by creating engaging and effective search solutions that fuel business growth. You must strive to:
- Understand clients’ businesses, their brands and their customers and ensure your team does too.
- Monitor and understand your clients’ markets and their environments. You should have views on market issues and be up-to-date with competitive activity and potential new entrants.
- Know your clients’ objectives and business results, both macro and micro. You should be aware of corporate issues, as well as knowing the campaign results inside out. You should understand and have a view on what drives profitability and other key success criteria, and be able to talk confidently to senior clients about these subjects.
- Understand the best ways to reach your audience, what motivates them, and how to target the best prospects. You need the ability to guide your clients with the agency’s new innovative thinking on targeted media and other digital techniques.
- Be up-to-date on best industry practice and regulations.
- Display a passion for creativity and innovation, and always strive to produce ground-breaking work, finding ways to produce the most inspiring briefs.
- Educate your clients and the team that the brief is the most important stage in any digital campaign development, ensuring defined SLA procedure is followed.
- Drive yourself and your team to be one step ahead of your clients, generating a culture of pro-activity.
- Help the company to grow through developing your clients’ businesses.
- Be able to sell innovative ideas to clients in a confident and convincing manner.
- Get involved with and present at new business pitches.
- Drive digital performance across channels in the agency, predominantly Search.
Two key elements of the role are building relationships with clients and service delivery. As an Account Director, you are responsible for ensuring that you and the team really understand your clients’ needs and deliver a market leading service.
- Create a ‘partnership’ relationship with your clients at all levels.
- Manage the SOW and third party procedures and create systems with your clients to keep them up-to-date and ensure that communication flows effectively; each client is different and you and your team need to be able to adapt to their requirements.
- Develop/maintain excellent presentation standards in your group – an “it’ll do” mentality won’t do. You should check all documents before they go to the client, ensuring all correspondence, documents, client correspondence, Digital plans, creative briefs and contact reports, estimates, and scope documents are professional and accurate.
- Regularly report on performance to clients and the internal team, record and maintain performance results which you will be expected to promote and share with the wider agency.
- Ensure creative and technical briefs are written and are signed off by clients.
- Keep a central file of essential client information, including brand guidelines, key presentations/documents, registered details, key contacts and addresses etc.
- Make sure you and your teams take full responsibility for the executional detail of each job, especially status/contact reports, proof reading, testing, legal etc. approval and client sign off.
- Organise monthly and quarterly reviews with clients – these should be an opportunity to assess results against targets, as well as a forum for the agency to demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Build a social relationship with your clients.
It is your responsibility to manage the finances on your accounts, from driving profitability through to ensuring that invoices are paid on time:
- Ensure that campaigns run to agreed client budgets and that clients approve all expenditure before it happens, especially unexpected expenditure.
- Produce annual and monthly forecasts of income and report these to the Commercial Director.
- Meet your monthly and yearly income targets and drive growth of the account.
- Ensure that your account is maximizing its profitability potential.
- Ensure all billing is done on time. Maintain a tidy WIP – no debts.
- Make sure your team understand the importance of healthy cash flow.
- Work with Finance to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Work with Commercial Director and Heads of Service to prepare client fee recommendations and reconciliation.
- Keep up to date with timesheets and expenses claims.
As Account Director you are responsible for leading and building your team. You are a senior member of the agency and should lead by example, supporting the agency decisions and culture. You need to develop your own management style to deliver these objectives:
- Manage the career development of your team - hold annual staff appraisals and set measurable objectives with them.
- Supervise their activity and monitor to ensure maximum efficiency and satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate with the Commercial Director regarding any training or coaching that your team needs.
- Build and promote team spirit both with your staff and the rest of the agency.
- Work with Commercial Director to ensure that your team is resourced correctly.
- Ensure that you and your team work effectively with other departments and get the most out of them.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy, strong listening and organizational skills, tenacity and determination with wit and intelligence.
- Ability to work under enormous pressure whilst analysing and resolving problems quickly and effectively.
- Able to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion, and maturity in relation to interacting with people at all levels and not be overtly conscious of status.
Our headquarters in Leeds are in a large open plan office and house a 70 strong team of talented marketers and features a games room, fresh fruit, and Nespresso coffee machine. We also have a fridge packed with ice-cold drinks, ready for our 4pm beer-o-clock Fridays.
In addition to our extensive training budget, which allows our employees to become the best in the industry, we offer employees the opportunity to volunteer abroad and have sent team members all around the world; from shark diving off the coast of South Africa, to trekking in the jungles of Nepal. Back in Yorkshire, we run regular socials which include hiring Roxy Ballroom, paintballing and days out at the races.
Back to career listings